SureCrete's XS casting concrete slurry mix was designed to quickly fill voids and pinholes in precast concrete pieces or any concrete where a smooth surface is desired. When combined with SureCrete’s color packs, it allows design elements to match, complement, or contrast with the concrete piece.
XS Slurry makes for an elegantly simple solution to a very typical problem in precast concrete pieces. Voids and pinholes can be very difficult to fill without having discoloration or concrete shrinkage issues. The incredibly small aggregate used to formulate the XS Slurry counter top mix product allows it to be used to easily fill voids that other mixes (especially those made using the same material as was used to create the cast concrete piece) are simply unable to fill efficiently. Given that it can be applied by simply hand packing with gloves, XS Slurry can be applied by both professional fabricator crews and homeowners doing DIY projects.
- Pressed Technique Cast Surfaces
- Faux Stone Tiles
- Faux Travertine Precast
- Integral Sink Vanities
- Kitchen Countertops
- Bathroom Vanities
- Wall & Building Fascades
- Precast Architectural Pieces
- Marbled Stone Look
- Three-Dimensional Molds
XS Slurry's primary use takes place after a piece of Xtreme Series Precast Concrete has been de-molded:
- XS Slurry is a just add water mix. However, the amount of water added will vary greatly depending on the application for the slurry and the size of the voids to be filled.
- Before mixing XS Slurry for use, mix your intended color with the slurry mix.
- Remove a small amount (about the size of a quarter) with the color mixed in, and add a few drops of water to get an idea of what color XS Slurry will appear to be on the cured and sealed surface.
- Once a dry, colored XS Slurry mix has been made to your specifications, set some aside for potential touch-ups.
- One of the best application methods for XS Slurry is with your hand (with gloves on), pushing the mix into the surface vigorously to fill any and all possible voids - even ones unseen by the naked eye.
- Attempt to spread material across the piece as sparingly as is reasonable. Holes need to be filled, but the excess must be sanded from the surface.
- Do not use a damp sponge or rag to remove excess XS Slurry, as this will only result in the removal of material from the voids being filled. Instead, wait for the mix to dry appropriately (an hour or so -depending on environmental factors) and dry sand off the excess material with a 400 grit sandpaper or diamond pad.
Answer: It varies widely depending on what color you are attempting to create as well as the amount of XS Slurry that is required for your project.
Answer: Not unless the surface becomes damaged and is need of repair. It can be utilized to fill small chips and voids before being re-sealed.
Answer: Yes, So long as the application instructions have been followed, there should be no changes to the surface.
Answer: That depends almost entirely upon how accurate your color matching of the XS Slurry product was. Slight color variations may expose the already filled voids.
Coverage Varies depending on design and mix
VOC Rating 0 g/L
Shelf Life 1 year in original unopened container[/vc_column_text][ultimate_info_table design_style="design02" color_scheme="gray" package_heading="XS-Slurry Concrete Slurry Mix Pin Hole Filler – Part Numbers" package_sub_heading="SKU's and UPC's"]
60 oz. White Cement Slurry for Filling Voids and Pinholes- XS Slurry SKU: 45103002 | UPC: 842467107874
3.5 Lb. White Concrete Slurry Mix